K&L Gates/Ernst & Young Symposium Provides Fair Lending and UDAAP Strategies
On Thursday, May 9, K&L Gates and Ernst & Young co-sponsored a Fair and Responsible Banking symposium in New York City. The symposium gave our fair lending and UDAAP team a chance to discuss compliance and enforcement issues with over 70 in-house lawyers, fair lending officers and compliance officers from a wide array of institutions. K&L Gates and Ernst & Young strategized with capital markets investors, banks, mortgage lenders, auto lenders, credit card issuers and other unsecured lenders about how to tackle the challenges they face from today’s heightened regulatory scrutiny. The hot topics that were on everyone’s mind included, among other things:
- developing and implementing effective compliance management systems
- avoiding and defending disparate impact claims
- identifying and curtailing unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices
- understanding and preparing for examinations or investigations
- managing vendors appropriately
If you would like a copy of the materials from this event, please contact Melanie Brody (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stephanie Robinson (email@example.com).