Webinar: K&L Gates Social Media Series: Handling Unlawful Content on Social Media Sites
Please join us for the first in a series of webinars focusing on the intersection of social media, law, and business. This program will include an in-depth discussion on issues companies face when removing unlawful content from social media sites.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. EST
Program will be 60 minutes followed by time for Q&A
Our panel of K&L Gates’ lawyers will cover topics, including:
- The function and purpose of C&D and DMCA notices;
- Assisting corporations in developing an internal plan to address negative or infringing content on social media;
- Weighing the pros and cons of addressing negative content on social media;
- Removing defamatory content from social media;
- Overview of takedown policies on the major social media platforms;
- Removing content that infringes copyright and trademark rights from social media;
- Conducting investigations into infringement, fair use analysis and how social media platforms handle the gray areas
David A. Bateman, Partner, IP Litigation
Alexis C. Douglas, Associate, IP Procurement and Portfolio Management
Desiree F. Moore, Associate, Commercial Disputes
To register, click here. Log-in instructions will be sent via email the day before the webinar. You must register to receive the log-in instructions.